Rework: the Complete Guide & Why You Need to Read It
Who is Jason Fried and Why is Rework Important?
Jason Fried is the co-founder of Basecamp, a web-based project management and collaboration tool. He is also the co-author of the bestseller “Rework”.
Jason Fried is an author, entrepreneur, and designer. He is the co-founder of Basecamp, a web-based project management and collaboration tool. Jason has written for many publications including The New York Times, Fast Company, Fortune Magazine, The Wall Street Journal and Wired Magazine.
He has also been featured in TV shows such as Bloomberg West and ABC News Nightline.
Fried’s book “Rework” was published in September 2009 by Random House Business Books to rave reviews from readers around the world. It became an international bestseller with more than 500,000 copies sold
What is the Purpose and Content of the Book
The purpose of this book is to help you find your creative voice and get your ideas out of your head and onto paper.
This book is for anyone who wants to be more creative but doesn’t know how. It’s for artists, writers, musicians, entrepreneurs, parents, teachers—anyone who wants to create more in their lives.
Rework is about how to think differently about what you do. It’s about how to stop doing the things that don’t work and start doing the things that do. It’s about working smarter not harder.
How Did Jason Come to Write Rework
Jason Fried is the co-founder and CEO of Basecamp, the company behind the project management app, Basecamp.
He has written about his experience as an entrepreneur and how he came to write his book, Rework.
Fried started his first company at 18 years old with a friend from high school. He was in charge of all aspects of the business, including design and marketing. They created software for small businesses that allowed them to create their own websites without any programming skills. This venture was successful enough that they were able to sell it for $1 million at age 22.
With this money, Fried started another company called 37signals which became known for its popular web application called Basecamp – a project management tool for companies of all sizes.
The 10 Best Quotes from the Rework: Change the Way You Work Forever Book
The 10 Best Quotes from the Rework Book:
1) “A lot of people know what to do but few people actually do what they know.”
2) “It’s not about who’s right, it’s about who has more time.”
3) “You don’t need a title for your idea.”
4) “Doing something well isn’t good enough; it has to also be done fast.”
5) “If you want something new, you have to stop doing something old
6) “It is better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly.”
7) “You can’t walk around a problem pretending it doesn’t exist.”
8) “What you focus on becomes bigger, brighter, more important in your life.”
9) “You have a moral obligation to work on the things that give you meaning and joy-and not just for yourself but for everyone else’s sake too.”
10) “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while.”
Finaly in this book you will See whe important lessons the creators of Basecamp, 37signals, and Ruby on Rails learned about how to work better. They share their insights in Rework.
Thank you for reading this article Rework: the Complete Guide & Why You Need to Read It.
Please Share with your friends so that the topic reaches everyone who needs it.